Friday, November 21, 2008

The End of Mandate Coverage

Well the new boss is now “interviewing” current people. He’s trying to make it a little bit like a job interview, even though he’s already told everyone at a general meeting that he won’t be firing anyone. He might have trouble keeping that pledge, though since the word is one of the past politicals is planning on staying on.

Right now it looks like he is also going to add a whole layer of middle management. I think that is a big mistake, but I guess he is just a bureaucrat and bureaucrats love meetings, and middle managers do nothing but make meetings for each other.

This will be the end of my coverage though, since today is my last day here. Soon I will be off in the great cold Midwest, and blog updates, if any, will probably be about what happens up there.

So goodbye Texas politics. You are a nasty beast, but you’ve grown on me.

No comments:

 
Faith, here’s an equivocator, that could swear in both the scales against either scale; who committed treason enough for God’s sake, yet could not equivocate to heaven. O, come in, equivocator. -Shakespeare, Macbeth: 3.2.9-12